Jin Li is currently a professor and vice dean of School of Computer Science, Guangzhou University. He received his B.S. (2002) and M.S. (2004) from Southwest University and Sun Yat-sen University, both in Mathematics. He got his Ph.D degree in information security from Sun Yat-sen University at 2007. His research interests include design of secure protocols in Computing and privacy protection in various new computing environments, including Cloud computing, Internet-of-Things, Blockchain and machine learning. He proposed the method of secure fuzzy keyword search and reliable key management of deduplication in cloud computing. The papers and results in these topics have been widely cited and applied by researchers and industry. He served as a senior researcher and visiting professor at Korea Advanced Institute of Technology and Illinois Institute of Technology and VirginaTech, respectively. He has published more than 100 papers in international conferences and journals, including IEEE TDSC, IEEE INFOCOM, IEEE TIFS, IEEE TPDS, IEEE TC and ESORICS etc. Three papers have been selected as the best paper in the international conferences. His work has been cited more than 11000 times at Google Scholar and the H-Index is 42. He also served as program chairs/publicity chairs for many international conferences such as IEEE Blockchain 2018, ICA3PP2018, IEEE CNS 2015, IEEE CSE 2017, IEEE EUC 2017, ISICA 2015 etc. He is associate editor of Information Sciences and has been guest editors for several journals such as MONET, JNCA and FGCS etc.
He received three National Science Foundation of China (NSFC) Grants and more than ten Grants from Guangdong Province and other departments for the research on security and privacy in new computing environments. In 2017, he received NSFC Outstanding Youth Foundation. In 2018, he was selected as a Young Changjiang River Scholar in China.
• Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou. September 2002 - July 2007
Received in July 2007 with major in Mathematics.
• Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong. November 2005 - October 2006
Exchange Ph.D student
Spent one year as a Ph.D. student in department of Engineering.
• Southwest University, Chongqing. September 1998 - July 2002
Received in July 2002 with major in Mathematics.
1. Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, USA. September 2013-March 2014
2. Guangzhou University, China. February 2010 - Till now
3. Illinois Institute of Technology, U.S.A. February 2009 - January 2010
Senior Research Associate
4. Korea Advanced Institute of Technology, Korea. October 20008-January 2009
5. Korea Advanced Institute of Technology, Korea. October 2007-September 2008
6. Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong. April 2007 - August 2007
Information Sciences, Future Generation Computer Systems, Applied Soft Computing, Frontiers Computer Science (FCS), International Journal of Computational Science and Engineering.
1. Outstanding Teacher in Guangzhou (2017)
2. Outstanding Young Scholar Award in Guangdong province, 2016
3. Outstanding Scholar Award of Guangzhou, 2015
4. Science and technology new star in Guangzhou, 2012
5. Excellent Graduate Scholarship (NanYue Scholarship) of Guangdong Province, 2006
6. HP Scholarship for excellent graduate student in China, 2006
7. Student Travel Grant Awards, Sponsored by IACR, Asia Cryptography Conference, 2006
8. Excellent Graduate Scholarship of Sun Yat-Sen University, 2005
9. Kaisi Grant for abroad study: Supporting the study in Hong Kong from November 2005 to October
10. Tao Jiang, Xiaofeng Chen, Jin Li, Duncan S. Wong, Jianfeng Ma, Joseph K. Liu: TIMER: Secure and Reliable Cloud Storage against Data Re-outsourcing. ISPEC 2014: 346-358, Best Paper Award
11. Jin Li, Xiaofeng Chen, Fatos Xhafa, Leonard Barolli: Secure Deduplication Storage Systems with Keyword Search. AINA 2014: 971-977. Best Paper Award.