- 欢迎访问我的学者主页 2016-08-19
Amjad Mehmood earned his Ph.D. degree in Wireless Networks from the Kohat University of Science & Technology, Kohat, in 2014. In March 2017, he earned post-doc from Guangdong Provincial Key Laboratory on Petrochemical Equipment Fault Diagnosis at Guangdong University of Petrochemical Technology, Maoming, China under the supervisor of Lei Shu. Moreover, he has been working as virtual post-doc fellow in the University of Virginia, USA since Jan, 2013. He got his MS degree in Distributed Computing from Kohat University of Science & Technology, Kohat, in 2009. In 2003, he joined the Kohat University of Science & Technology, Kohat, KP, where he’s been currently serving as a senior faculty member and the Coordinator of MS/PhD program.
Dr. Amjad is interested to work in the areas of Cyber-Physical Systems, Internet of Things, Connected Vehicles, Wireless Communications and Networking, Optical Communications & Networking, Smart Grid Communications & Networking, and Body Sensor Networks. His research wok is supported by the Guangdong Provincial Key Laboratory on Petrochemical Equipment Fault Diagnosis Maoming, China.
Dr.Amjad’s has supervised many students of BCS, MCS, MS, and PhD in the above-mentioned interests. He has also remained the part of organizing different workshops, seminar, and training sessions on different technologies at the University under the umbrella of Computer Science Society of IIT, KUST. Dr. Amjad has been serving as the Technical Program Committee (TPC) member for serveral international conferences, including CCNC, SCPA,INFOCOM, SCAN, and so on.
Dr. Amjad has been serving a reviewer and associate editor for many peer-reviewed international journals. Dr. Amjad has published, three books, three chapters, and more than 50 academic articles in peer-reviewed international journals and conferences around the world.
FIELDS OF INTEREST
•Wireless Ad-hoc Networks
VANET, MANET, WSNs, WMN, BAN, IoT, CPS
• Distributed Computing
Cloud Computing, Multi-Agent Systems, Edge Computing, Fog Computing
• Web services, Web Usability
• Information Security
Adv. Object Oriented Programming (JAVA, C#), Network Programming, Data Communication, Visual Programming (C#.net or VB.net), Adv. Web Programming, Data Structure, Software Engineering, Algorithms, Computer Architecture and Organization, Operation Systems, Databases, E-Commerce, WSN’s, Advance Mobile Ad-hoc Networks, UML.
Abstract details of PhD, MSCS, MCS, BCS are provided below, whereas the detail list of MCS and BCS can be provided on demand:
Discipline Supervised Supervising
PhD 02 03
MS (18 yrs) 02 04
Master (16 yrs) 34 03
Bachelor (16 yrs) 54 03
1. Postdoc Equipment Fault diagnosis Lab, Goundong University of petrochemical Technology, Maoming, Goundong, China Supervised by: Porf. Dr. Lei Shu
2. Virtual Postdoc in Computer Science SONG-LAB, West Veriginia University, USA Field of Specialization: Wireless Networks Supervised by: Prof. Dr. Houbing Song (USA)
3. Doctor of Philosophy in Computer Science(With Distinction)CGPA : 3.78 Kohat University of Science and Technology, Kohat, KPK Pakistan Field of Specialization: Wireless Networks Supervised by: Prof. S Khan (PAK) & Prof. Bilal Shams(PAK) Download Thesis: http://eprints.hec.gov.pk/10156/1/2542S.html
4. MS Computer ScienceResearch Based. GPA: 3.04 Kohat University of Science and Technology, Kohat, KPK Pakistan Field of Research: Networks/Distributed Computing Supervised by: Prof. Dr. Hafiz F Ahmed (NUST- SEECS,Islamabad, PAK)
• 1st National conference on making standards of Universities Organized by HEC, May , 2011• Training on window Azure Development Microsoft Biz-Spar Camp 3-4 of February,2011
• Organizer plus presenter of the paper in 1st National Conference on Security, Computing, and Communication”, KUST, Pakistan, May 23-25, 2008
• Presenter in “Career Counseling Workshop” arranged with the collaboration of BRIGHTSPYRE 18-20 April 2008
• Attended workshop on open source software held at KUST with the collaboration of PSEB (Pakistan Software Export Board) 18-24 June, 2007
• Organizer of KTECH 2006 “Workshop on New Trends in Networks”• Organizer of KTECH 2005 “Workshop on Emerging Technologies”
• ATTENDED THE WORKSHOP ON TITED “SAY NO TO PLAGARISM”• ATTENDED INTERNATIONAL CONFERNCE ON “RESEARCH METHOLOGIES” held at KUST
• Attended conference sponsored by HEC at Serena Hotel Islamabad entitled 1st National Conference on Setting Standards for 21st Century Pakistan o May 26, 2011
• Organized KTECH 2011 on dated 24th January 2011• Organized KTECH 2012 on dated 26th March 2012• Attended the seminar on Why use LATEX? At KUST sponsored by HEC 10-04-2012• Attended the seminar on Telecom Today and Tomorrow at KUST by HEC 02-04-2012
• Attended the Seminar on The Protection against Harassment for Women at Workplace Act 2010 held at KUST 2012 sponsored by The Finnish NGO Foundation for Human Rights (KIoS)
• Attended Online Training Session on Microsoft Visual C#, Online at Video Con. Facility of HEC, Friday, 20th September, 2013, speaker Mr. Ali Sufyan, Principal Software Engineer at TEO INTL
• Attended VC’s Forum 2013 organized by Comsat, Islamabad on dated September 22-24 at Serena Hotel, IslamabadHEC’S TRAVEL GRANT AWARDSWon the following HEC (Higher Education Commission Pakistan) Travel grants:
• Visited Chengdu, China for Oral Presentation of Research Paper (title: Inter-Operability Open Clouds via Adaptive Transport Protocols at Multi-Agent Systems (MASs): Conference title: 3rd International Conference onComputer Technology and Development (ICCTD 2011), Dates: Nov 24- December 02, Year: 2011
• Visited Bangkok, Thailand for Oral Presentation of Research Paper (title: IPV4 and IPV6 by Embedding an Agent-Oriented Technology at Cloud Computing, Conference title: BAI 2011 International Conference on Business andInformation at The Landmark Bangkok Hotel) Dates: 04-06 July, Year: 2011
• Visited Soul, Korea for Oral Presentation of Research Paper entitled “Impact of Online HRIS Based on Organization/Universities in Pakistan”, International Conference on Business and Information, 7-9 July, 2008, Seoul, SouthKorea
Contact by SCHOLAT